Putting your home on the market for sale can be quite stressful. Preparations are normally rushed, trying, and usually demand a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. This is especially the case if you're like most sellers and get your home ready for sale just a few weeks before putting it on the market.
Here are a few tips to help make the process easier:
So it is important to do whatever is possible to have your property looking its absolute best when hitting the market.
• Animal odours in the house
• Evidence of damp or moisture in the walls
• Cigarette or strong food odours
• Doors, windows or gates that stick
• Cracked glass
• Too much furniture or personal belongings cluttering the space
• Stained carpet
For vacant properties, we would also recommend the use of decorator furniture for the period of the sale. Advice on the best type of furniture can also be offered by our stylist.
• Make the place as tidy as possible and open the windows to let in fresh air.
• Clean and tidy communal areas.
• Freshly painted front door.
• Have a place where you can quickly hide clutter and rubbish if the viewing is at short notice.
• Energy saving light bulbs – they may save the planet but they wont help your property… by the time they are fully illuminated you would have lost your potential buyers.
• Vacuum clean and dust the main rooms.
• Give the bathroom sinks and baths a wipe over.
• Put some flowers in the main room.
• Fully draw back the curtains to get maximum daylight in the rooms.
• On dull days, turn all the lights on and light any fire in the main room.
• Turn the television and radio off (light music is fine).
• Close all windows that are affected by background noise (traffic, trains etc).
• Try not to let pets and children interrupt the viewing; keep them occupied.< Back