The Sales Process
1. Obtain mortgage in principle (this will decide your budget)
2. Find a property and have an offer accepted
3. Instruct a solicitor
4. The mortgage company will carry out their valuation on the property
5. You instruct a surveyor to do a home buyers report or full survey (you decide) as well as the valuation report.
6. The Vendor’s Solicitor supplies draft contract, and HIP pack on the property to your Solicitor
7. Your solicitor raises any queries with the Vendor's solicitor.
8. Once your solicitor is satisfied, you proceed to sign contracts and agree a completion date. 9. You provide the Vendor with the deposit via your Solicitor
10. Signed contracts are sent to you from the Vendor via your Solicitor
11. Contracts are exchanged and you arrange buildings and contents insurance (these need to be in effect from the exchange date)
12. Completion takes place on mutually agreed date
13. Your solicitor pays remainder of purchase price to Vendor's solicitor
14. The Vendor’s solicitor confirms completion of sale.
15. Keys are to be collected from the Absolute Living office
16. You move into your new home!